New Delhi, June 24, 2014 - Monsoon is around the corner and wooden flooring needs extra care and attention during this season. Usually, this season brings a series of problems such as leaks and dampness, and one needs to ensure that wooden flooring is properly protected and maintained through the season for its original quality for the longest period of time. It is necessary to take regular care of the wooden flooring.
Cleaning laminate floors is very easy and requires minimum effort. A cost effective alternative to hardwood floors, laminate floors are not only easy to install but also require less maintenance. The problems that we face with wooden flooring during the rainy season are swelling of wooden flooring, cracks, scratches, dirt and dust. Due to moisture in the atmosphere, wooden flooring tends to swell.
Some useful tips
- Keep all windows closed so if there is a downpour you don’t have water entering through the window and damaging the floor. In case you have water leakage onto the floor please wipe immediately because if water stays on the floor for more than 4 hours it would start to damage the floor.
- Though wooden floorings are resistant to dust and stains, they still get scratched by little pieces of dirt and stones that are trapped in floor mats and foot brushes. Hence, it is necessary to vacuum and mop the floor as soon as possible, especially mud that comes in with shoes during the monsoon.
- Avoid using rasping and harsh chemical detergents for removing stains. A good cleansing agent can be made at home by mixing half a cup of vinegar and a gallon of water.
- Dry mopping or damp mopping is recommended as extra water would make the flooring dull.
- For waxing or polishing the laminate floor or wooden flooring it is advisable to consult the manufacturer or the distributor for their recommendations.
- Ventilation is very important during monsoon. There should be enough cross ventilation during the day and fresh air coming in; otherwise humidity levels would cause a general feeling of dampness. CCI Newswire